Here is a link to some earthworm pictures if you need them for your lab.
Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Thursday, May 4, 2017
Make sure you:
- Understand the difference (and relationship) between heat and temperature
- Understand the relationship between temperature and molecule movement
- Understand specific heat
- Recognize units for energy, temperature, specific heat, and mass
- Understand the different types of heat transfer (conduction, convection, radiation)
- Know the phases and phase change vocabulary (solid, liquid, boiling etc.)
Posted by D.C. at 9:27 AM
Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Using your data (or the data from the picture below) create a line graph that has time (in minutes) on the x-axis and temperature (in Celsius) on the y-axis. BOTH the hot and cold water data should be plotted on the y-axis. Label the equilibrium temperature.
Write a description of the conduction that occurred. Describe the direction of heat transfer and the effect on the temperature of each water sample.
Posted by D.C. at 10:17 AM